Before to install the battery on board, check the vehicle's charging system (alternator/regulator) and verify that the voltage does not exceed 15 Volts (a higher voltage may damage the battery cells).
For the execution of this test, we recommend BT-02 Battery Tester, which allows to analyze the conditions and the cranking power of all 6/12V batteries and the correct operation of 12/24V charging systems. The charging system test may also be executed with BC LITHIUM 7000.
Just like gel batteries and AGM batteries, BC Lithium Batteries can be mounted in any position.
- Press the button "Battery Capacity Indicator". If only one LED turns on, do not attempt to crank the vehicle but recharge the battery as reported in the section "CHARGING" of this manual (we recommend to use a battery charger in BC LITHIUM Series, such as BC DUETTO 900, BC K900 EVO+, BC LITHIUM 1500 or BC LITHIUM 7000). If two LEDs turn on, the battery is able to crank the engine but we suggest to execute a refresh charge anyway.
- During the installation of the battery, always follow any instruction and warning reported on this manual and on the vehicle manufacturer's manual.
- Connect correctly the positive and negative lead to the vehicle's electrical system and protect the battery terminals with the appropriate covers, in order to avoid any danger.
- Verify the absence of contact between the battery terminals and any part in carbon or other conductive material mounted on the vehicle.
- Fit the battery with spacer or stick form when needed for best possible fit (see image).